You never know when you need to access your pc remotely. Though there are many pc tips and computer software for remote access, the best one is which is supplied by windows by default: inbuilt remote desktop windows xp. This article is for enabling remote desktop access for Windows XP and for remote desktop access on Windows 7 or Vista, you can Click Here.
Though remote access xp is not activated by default and you have to enable it at own your own. Once you have it enabled remote desktop access, then any person or you yourself can access PC from anywhere in the world. This is among most useful pc tips which everyone should know.
Enabling remote desktop on Windows Xp:
1. To enable remote access xp, Go to control panel. Then click system and security and then again click on the system option.
2. When system page opens up, click on remote settings option in left side pane. This will open up system properties dialog box.
3. Then click on remote option of the system properties box and you will see remote desktop windows xp options.
4. To enable remote access xp, you have two ways:
a) You can allow all computers running remote desktop access on them which are less secure.
b) Second option which is more secure is to allow connections from those computers which have network level authentication.
5. Now you need to select users to which you want to allow remote desktop windows xp on your machine. This will display list of users on system:
6. Now you need to click on add to give remote access xp privileges to your users. You can type name of user in enter object names and should click on check names. If matched names are present, it will show list of those accounts and then you need to click ok. In case there are no accounts found, you need to run this step again.
7. If you want to remove remote desktop windows xp access to any user, you need to click on remove.
Now, for incoming remote desktop access request, windows firewall should be configured. You can either configure it on group policy or on each computer individually. These settings are in Administrative Templates polices and you can use these as per you needs and demands.
We hope you found these PC tips useful for configuring and enabling remote desktop windows xp access on your system. You are welcome to contact us if you face any problem in configuration of remote desktop access and our experts will love to help you.